Sau phần 1 về chức năng giao tiếp trong đề thi luyện thi đai học tiếng anh, chúng tôi xin post tiếp phần 2 và cũng là phần cuối của loạt bài chuyên đề về chức năng giao tiếp.
Mời quý độc giả tham khảo.
37. “_____________” “ No, I don’t play the piano.”
A. What kind of music do you like? B. Do you play the piano?
C. Do you earn a lot by playing the piano? D. What kind of music do you like?
38. “Excuse me. I’m your new neighbour. I just moved in.” “_______________”
A. Sorry, I don’t know. B. Oh, I don’t think so.
C. I’m afraid not. D. Where to, sir?
39. “How about an evening riverboat tour? ” “______________”
A. No, it’s good to do so.
B. Actually I’ve never gone on an evening riverboat tour.
C. No, I’ve never gone on an evening riverboat tour.
D. Actually I’ve gone twice this week.
40. “Can you come over after the show? ” “____________”
A. That would be nice. B. No, I didn’t.
C. Please, go ahead. D. Why don’t we go to the show?
41. “I think the pants are alittle big.” “ ____________”
A. Are they big enough? B. You should get a bigger pair.
C. Yes, maybe a little. D. Yes, they are not big at all.
42. “__________” “ Yes, it’s OK. But could you clean your room first? ”
A. Would you like to go to Helen’s party this weekend?
B. Can I go to Helen’s party this weekend?
C. What time does Helen’s party begin this weekend?
D. I don’t like the noise at parties.
43. “How late will the bank be open?” “___________”
A. Its services are very good indeed. B. It is two blocks away.
C. It is not very far. D. It will be open until 6 pm.
44. “Will the maths teacher give us a test this week? ” “______________”
A. I doubt whether it’s easy. B. Yes, the test was difficult.
C. I don’t think he will come. D. No, he probably won’t.
45. “What does this thing do?” “__________”
A. I think it’s a waste of money. B. It sure does.
C. It peels potatoes. D. I can use it well.
46. “____________” “ Yes, I have a date.”
A. Do you have any plans tonight? B. Can I have an appointment with Dr. Adams?
C. What’s the time, please? D. Are you free tonight?
47. “May I take my break now?” “_____________”
A. No, you didn’t break it. B. I think I need five minutes.
C. I’ll be back in five minutes. D. Yes, of course.
48. “Do you support the proposal to build a new airport?” “____________”
A. No, not really. B. No, I like it.
C. No, I don’t think you are right. D. Yes, I’m against it.
49. “Your job is pretty routine, then?” “________________”
A. Yes, sometimes it’s a little boring. B. Yes, it’s really exciting.
C. Yes, I love exciting work. D. Yes, It’s different every day.
50. “____________” “Oh, but it’s boring”.
A. Don’t you like the news? B. Would you prefer news to films?
C. I think you should watch the news. D. You often watch the news, don’t you?
51. “I think the new resort will ruin the environment.” “__________________”
A. I’m afraid so. B. Don’t you think so?
C. I agree. It sounds nice. D. Let’s go there.
52. “_____________” “OK. Where shall we go?”
A. Shall we go the jazz concert? B. Have you done the shopping?
C. Oh, reading books and going shopping. D. I want to go shopping.
53. “Would you mind sending those flowers to Mr. Brown? ” “______________”
A. Sure, I’ll do it now. B. I would if I were you.
C. He wouldn’t mind. D. No, I can handle it myself.
54. “I’ve got two tickets for the show.” “_________________”
A. Oh, anything else? B. Thanks. I can afford the tickets.
C. That’s great. When is it? D. Oh, let’s go and get the tickets.
55. “Go two blocks and then you are there.” “________________”
A. Excuse me. How can I get there? B. Ok, thanks.
C. No, thanks. D. I’m sorry I don’t know.
56. “Would you like to order now? ” “ _______________”
A. Yes, I like beef steak. B. Yes, I’d like beef steak.
C. It’s excellent. D. Yes, a table for five.
57. “___________” “ Oh, really? Why?”
A. What do I do next? B. When do you have class again?
C. You have a doctor’s appointment at ten. D. Our tomorrow’s class has been canceled.
58. “Hi, I’d like some information about driving lessons.” “______________”
A. I’m afraid I can’t drive. B. Sure, could I have your name and address?
C. From 9 am to 5 pm. D. Sure, please do.
59. “I think golf is really great.” “_________________”
A. Do you? I think it’s boring. B. Don’t you believe so?
C. Neither do I. D. Almost every day.
60. “That was a boring book.” “_______________”
A. No, it’s very boring. B. Yes, it was exciting.
C. It certainly was. D. I think it will be good.
61. “Guess what! I’ve just been invited to the manager’s house for dinner.” “____________”
A. What’s that? B. Oh, how nice. C. Well done. D. Really? I don’t think so.
62. “So are things at school, Tom?” “______________”
A. Well, I can’t agree with you. B. I was not good at it.
C. Oh, pretty good, actually. D. It’s my pleasure.
63. “Do you fancy going to a movie this evening?” “_______________”
A. I’m sorry. I don’t know that. B. Not at all. Go ahead.
C. Not so bad. And you? D. That would be nice.
64. “We’ve been there before.” “______________”
A. Oh, have we? B. How nice! C. How lovely! D. No, we didn’t.
65. “Could I speak to Ann?” “____________”
A. This is Daisy speaking. B. Can I take a message?
C. Just a moment. I’m coming. D. I’m sorry. Ann’s not in.
66. “Well, it’s been nice talking to you.” “______________”
A. Yes, nice to have met you too. B. Oh, yes. I’m afraid so.
C. Nice to meet you, too. D. Have you been here long?
67. “Did you hear about the robbery the other day?” “________________”
A. Yes, It was great. B. No, what happened?
C. Oh, no. D. Oh, sure. Thanks.
68. “I don’t think we should exercise late at night.” “_____________”
A. Neither do I. B. So do I. C. I think so,too. D. I don’t, niether.
69. “Sorry, the manager is not here.” “_______________”
A. Can I take a message then? B. Can I speak to the manager, please?
C. Can I leave a message then? D. Would you like to leave a message?
70. “It was very kind of you to help me out, Paul? ” “________________”
A. I’m glad you like it. B. Thanks a million.
C. That was the least I could do. D. You can say that again.
71. “I hear The Golden Bride is a very good film.” “____________”
A. Yes, it’s very exciting. B. No, I don’t here that.
C. Yes, it’s boring. D. No, I hear it, too.
72. “What would you like to do at the weekend?” “______________”
A. I like to do a lot. B. I can’t stand it.
C. I’d like to see a football match. D. I don’t like the weekend.